Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday, January 21, 2010




Today was a big day!! I got to hold my sweet angel today for the first time. We just looked into each others eyes and tried to figure one another out. Her cry is so hoarse. She also snored. The nurse said that was normal coming off of the ventilator. It was so hard to give her back. It's even harder to walk away at the end of the day and leave her there. I just cannot wait till we can take her home. I'll probably hold her forever.
Bentley had her art line removed. Also, she is now only on a nasal cannula for oxygen. NO more ventilator!!! Tomorrow is a big day too. She has an esophagram sometime. The surgeon will decide then whether or not to leave in the chest tube. And hopefully she can get some milk thru her NG tube.
Mommy and Daddy are VERY proud of their little girl:)

3 comments:

  1. WE ARE OVERJOYED!!!!!!!!!! Just saw our precious little granddaughter grab her mommy's hand and heard that adorable little squeak. We can't wait to hold and rock that baby. We have several rocking chairs ready and waiting for our precious little princess to visit GeGe and Poppy's house. Sweet dreams darling little angel! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my gosh I think that is just the sweetest thing I have ever seen. I can not wait to see all 3 of you tomorrow! Grammy is ready to get in on some of that holding and rocking myself. What a Great day this has been. We are so proud of you Bentley you are such a Beautiful baby and so strong willed, your daddy says you are "fisty" you are so special to all of us and always will be. Uncle Jake and Grammy will see you tomorrow!
    All our love and kisses, Grammy & Granddad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bentley is beautiful!! I was really hoping for pictures-good job. You all continue to be in my prayers. Can't wait to see her in person!

    ReplyDelete