Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

We got the best Valentine's day present ever!!! We got to come home!!!

We had no idea that it would be yesterday. It was such a surprise. The hospital called us and told us we were being discharged that morning. That moment was the happiest moment of my life. So, we have been home for 24 hours now. It fells weird but wonderful. I finally get to hold my girl without monitors, alarms, and wires. She is snoozing on her boppy and it is the best site ever!!!

We can't thank everybody enough who helped us and prayed for Bentley every step of the way. Words cannot express how appreciative we are.

Well, I'm off to whip up Bentley's bottles for tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. WOW, I am so happy for you. I know you are glad to be home. I can't wait to meet your precious girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my name is Lindsey McAlister. Jamie I think you may know my stepdad Bruce McConnell from Watson Chapel High School. I am so happy to hear the great news about yall getting to go home!!! GOD IS GOOD!!! What an exciting day!! I can relate with what you and your family have been through. My daughter was also born with esophageal atresia and a TE fistula. She is 5 years old. She will be 6 in April and she is doing great!! A friend of my mothers told me about your blog page and I have been keeping up with how Bentley was doing and praying for yall also. I hope we can stay in touch. My email address is lgmxray@yahoo.com I know yall are so happy to have your baby home !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm so happy to hear that you all are home with sweet Bentley. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!!! Oh my goodness I wish I had been there to see the look on your face. I am so truly excited for the three of you to be home together. We would really like to bring you dinner, as it's wonderful when you don't have to cook after bringing home a baby. Life changes so much and not having to worry about dinner for a few days is nice. I only have Shawn's number, so I'll try and get him and see when would be good for you guys. Plus I can't wait to give you big hugs and kiss that precious little girl. She's too cute for her own good!!!! Love you guys and see you soon.

    Brandy, Gabe, Madeline, and Caleb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations about going home. I am so proud for all of you. Bentley is just beautiful, and I am so glad that she is doing well.
    Dianne Robinson

    ReplyDelete